...the royalty system for the rest of us
OFFICER solutions is providing royalty systems for the independent music industry since 1996. Today, Royalty Producer covers all business situations of modern music companies, but 360° models and a fast moving industry made us create a powerful tool for every creative company. So Royalty Producer can also be used to track royalties on all digital sales like apps, fonts, pictures and e-books, as well as all physical sales or licensing income.
We are happy to announce the availability of YoutubeLess, a file compression tool for sales reports from Google, originating from Youtube video plays.
YoutubeLess is the powerful, low-cost solution to end the nightmare of unusable spreadsheets. The conversion process is very simple: the user just has to click one button to transform a million line Youtube report into a well sorted Excel spreadsheet.
The compression mechanism reduces the report to around 10% of its original size, giving you full control over the data, again.
Find out how YoutubeLess can speed up your business:
Record labels, using a royalty software like OFFICER's Royalty Producer will aggregate the report by ISRC. Every single line of the sales reports refers to income, based on a single song that is identified by the ISRC. Royalty software systems always rely on the ISRC to identify the right holders.
Record labels without royalty software will appreciate the possibility to aggregate sales by Artist and ISRC. The report can be saved as Excel and it only takes little effort to create artist-based Excel sheets by copy & pasting parts of the report.
Small aggregators will appreciate to group the results by Label, Artist and ISRC as they may want to offer their licensors (labels) reports for Youtube income.
Royalty Producer ™
Royalty Producer is a professional royalty system for recording, publishing and management income. A friendly user interface and affordable pricing made it a great companion for 600 users at 350 companies world wide. The software is available as stand-alone software for Mac OS X (*technical note) and Windows. We offer very competitive pricing for software, training and updates. Most importantly, we allow our users to own their software, forever. No legal nightmares in the cloud, no strings attached. Read on and see, why Royalty Producer is the royalty system for "the rest of us".
Easy To Use Interface
Royalty Producer offers a great user experience by presenting all major functions in a single window design. Use the tabs at the bottom of the screen to access your products, songs, sales and royalty statements with a single click. But the greatest time saver is its gorgeous logic that mimics the real world in perfection, reducing the learning curve to just a couple of days, not months.
You can choose from different modules to build the right package for your company's needs. Please review our product page for more details. Feel free to ask us about the possibilities we can offer to your individual company. If you are doing royalties, you are in the right place.
Flexible Meta Data Import
With Royalty Producer, manual data entry becomes a shady souvenir of the past. Use the powerful meta data import features to set up Royalty Producer in no time. The flexible import dialog allows you to manually assign the existing columns of your import file to Royalty Producer's field structure. All songs, playlists and products are created on the fly and will be accessible only minutes after you first opened Royalty Producer.
Royalty Producer manages to present you a copy of reality, when it comes to contract management and royalty rules. You will create the same amount of contracts in the system as you signed on paper. A contract can represent the usage rights for one song, an album, multiple albums or even whole catalogs and song libraries.
All usage rights and territories are defined in a contract. A contract can be assigned to individual tracks or to a full product. Songs and products can have unlimited contracts. There are no limits in your business life and Royalty Producer understands just that.
Process thousands of sales lines the easy way
Royalty Producer can import sales from all sources in Excel, CSV or Text/Tab format. While EANs/UPCs and ISRCs are now the industry standard IDs for sales reporting, it can happen that you receive wrong IDs or even no ID at all. Royalty Producer offers flexible detection features and automatically falls back onto Artist & Title information, when necessary.
An auto-learning feature allows the detection and "learning" of additional IDs and catalog numbers, so importing sales from the same source, again, will be seamless. A special logic compresses the hundred thousand lines of Youtube or Spotify streams by up to 90%. Sales can be reported in any currency and they are converted automatically into your local currency by just entering the total that you finally received on your bank account.
Unified Royalty Statements for all income typesRoyalty Producer generates one statement per licensor. You can have all income types (e.g. physical, digital sales & publishing) on a single statement. Every contract (e.g. first album contract and second album contract) appear in their individual section with their own royalties. A fine grained cross-colateralization option allows you to define if and how different contracts can be summed up or not. Let Royalty Producer take care of reserves, advances, payment limits, negative balances and more, automatically.
Automated statement delivery
Runs on your computer with zero install
General Features: Summary
- Easy to use interface: Get running with Royalty Producer in days, not months.
- You own Royalty Producer AND the data: Royalty Producer is a real software, running on your computer. The data is stored on your computer and you keep full control over it. No cloud, no legal nightmares.
- Easy Data Import: release information • playlist information • licensor contacts • licensee contacts • download sales • physical sales • publishing income • expenses
- Flexible: import metadata from text / tab, CSV and Excel files • import sales data from download shops, aggregators and distributors • available for Mac OS X and Windows
- Clever: compress digital sales files and move unused sales information and royalty statement to the built-in archive, and allow your digital sales reports to grow constantly.
- Expandable: Upgrade path to benefit from additional modules at any time, without loosing any exisiting data.
- Affordable: Since 1996 we are committed to deliver great value for a low price to independent companies.
- Zero install: Royalty Producer needs no install. All application data resides in ONE folder. You can even run Royalty Producer from an USB stick in cross platform environments: Do some work at home on your shiny Macbook, then plug your stick at work into your Windows desktop computer to continue working.
- Easy Backup: Copy the Royalty Producer application folder to any other disk, network volume or USB stick for a backup. If you want to re-use the backup version, just copy it back to its original location.
- Cross Platform: All OFFICER products are available for Mac OS X and Windows. NOTE: Mac Version currently runs on Mac OS 10.3-10.6. Royalty Producer runs nicely as a Windows program on a virtual machine (VirtualBox, Parallels, vmWare Fusion) on Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9. OFFICER solutions is providing full support to run Royalty Producer in a virtual machine.
- Professional support: We go beyond training sessions by analyzing your business structure and optimizing your royalty workflow.
Features of the royalty engine
- contracts can manage different shares for different territories, release types and formats
- territory sets can be defined per contract and release type individually
- profit split royalty calculation, even combinable with share-based contracts
- base price can be PPD, net, fixed price, purchase price
- PPD and net price can be imported with the sales reports or managed manually, per distributor
- automatic rata calculation on compilations or albums with multiple licensors
- possibility to switch off automatic rata calculation for full product sales
- possibility to pay a fee per track
- a sales quota can be set per format and territory type
- reduce royalty shares, based on price: Mid-Price, Budget, Clearance Sales, Sellout
- reduce royalty shares when products are advertised or sold by mailorder
- set the maximum number of concurrent reductions
- set a minimum share, regardless of possible reductions
- individual technical deductions for different formats, per contract
- automatic calculation of reserves for returns
- automatic release of reserves for returns in the next period or in multiple stages
- multiple contracts per licensor
- multiple contracts and licensors per track
- royalty splitting for single tracks (e.g. strip a remixer's share from the share of your artist)
- additional contracts for releases (overrides, calculated alongside track-based royalties)
- one royalty statement per licensor manages all licensor's contracts
- possible deductions for mechanicals on download and physical sales (for EU customers)
- fully featured US mechanicals reporting tool
- contract groups allow fine-tuned setups of cross-colateralisation between contracts
- optional sublicense control tool with reminders for your licensees
- optional publishing module for all publishing income (account artists, co-publishers, etc.)
- download sales data can be compressed to the max for less clutter on your royalty statements
- sales reports allow you to monitor product and even track-based performances
- sales reports by territories and distribution channels / download stores
- import functions to digest every sales report that contains EAN/UPC/Catalog No. and/or ISRCs
- Withheld Tax reporting tool to allow licensors to claim back withheld tax
- an archive function allows to keep a compact, speedy “live” set of data for current royalty processes and moves older data into an archive to accommodate a growing number of digital sales
- and much, much more...
Recommended links for further information
Overview of Royalty Producer’s main interface
Available modules and their features
Compatibility / Recommendations
About OFFICER Solutions
Born in 1996 in Munich (Germany), OFFICER Solutions is serving over 350 entertainment companies to date, especially record labels, with its range of royalty software solutions for Macintosh and Windows systems.